Is Valorant cross platform? Having cross play capabilities in gaming can be a double-edged sword. It can make people happy by letting players from all kinds of hardware enjoy the game together. While this is good, it can also upset players and create controversy, like the ones about console players having advantages over PC people.
So then, What Is Cross Platform?
- The history of cross platform games is quite a mystery. The earliest mention I could find was a 2001 ad campaign for the video game called Capcom vs. SNK 2. They had a print ad where they showed a PlayStation 2 user competing against a Dreamcast player.
- With cross play (cross-compatible play, cross-platform play, crossplay, or cross-play) you can play a game on pc, together with your brother on the switch, your mom on her phone, and even that rich kid on his Samsung smart fridge (yes, you read that right, people play games on their fridges nowadays…The future sounds amazing).
The question remains, does valorant offer these capabilities?
- From what I’ve gathered on the web, Riot games are planning to create both mobile and probably a console version. But they will most likely keep the games separate, with no cross play capabilities. We may end up with two different games, as is with LoL (League of Legends) and LoL: wild rift
- Having two different games, in this case, makes sense. As mobile players would have different needs from pc.
Wondering what are some advantages/disadvantages of Mobile Vs PC?
- The touch screen can be a dream and a curse, but usually it’s way better to use a mouse and keyboard.
- Most modern phones have something called the Gyroscope. It’s a little feauture that allows you to aim just by moving your phone, or Play Station controller, through the air.
- Some text can be too small and hard to read on a mobile device. So they would have more screen real estate taken by text.
- These just came to mind, bat there could be many more. So both mobile and PC have their advantages and disadvantages.
So, to answer the question “Is Valorant cross platform?” The answer would be no, at least for now. Hopefully, I was able to answer you’re curiosities, and also give you just a bit more useful information. If you have any more questions, please don’t hesitate to write them down below. Hey, If you got down here, thanks a lot for taking your time to read our article and spending some time on this side of the web. Take care of yourselves! We wish you a great rest of your Morning, Afternoon, Evening, or Night, I’ll see you guys soon.