Who is Hammond Overwatch? Well, today’s article well discusses that. Additionally well talk about his powers and some more.
Here are some interesting facts about Hammond.
- “Wrecking Ball” is the name chosen for the competitions happening in the Scrapyard, whereas Hammond was a name given to him by the scientists on the Lunar Horizon Colony. Thus, Wrecking Ball is the primary name used in-game, rather than Hammond.
- The number 8 is painted on the Wrecking Ball chassis, referencing Hammond’s official designation: Specimen 8.
- Hammond can’t speak English or any other human language. Hammond communicates with humans via a soundboard in his mech.
- Hammond did not create the AI in his mech.
- Arnold Tsang took some inspiration for Hammond’s design and coloration from the pet hamster he owned in college, Zug-Zug.
- Hammond is the size of Pikachu. In the Pokémon universe, Pikachus are 0.4 m/40 cm (1’04”) high and weight 6 kg (13.2 lbs).
- In the Attacker spawn of Dorado, if the bells are being rung in the tune of the Overwatch theme song, Hammond will sing it shortly after.
So, Who is Hammond from Overwatch?
Also known as Wrecking ball, He is the 28th agent of overwatch, released on July 24, 2018. One of the cutest agents, popular among master and grandmaster players. He is the hamster, that is controlling a mech, What else would you wish for? Hammond was also a test subject for the lunar horizon colony.
What are his powers?
- Quad Cannons: Wrecking Ball’s primary fire. Low damage, low ammo amount, bat high speed.
- Grappling Claw: Wrecking Ball’s mobility ability, enables him to swing.
- Roll: Wrecking Ball turns into a ball with increased mobility. Using it you can flee a battle.
- Adaptive Shield: Wrecking Ball gains personal shields with additional shields for each nearby enemy.
- Piledriver: If Wrecking Ball is in the air, he can slam downwards and damage all nearby enemies. Launches enemies into the air, making them easy targets for the quad cannon.
- Minefield: Wrecking Ball’s ultimate ability. Valuable as it can block the objective.
With all these said, thank you for coming to our cafe of knowledge, and hope you got what you came here for. Thanks for reading, and I wish y’all one astounding Evening, Night, Morning, or Afternoon. See you soon!